Recently, I took on two classes online on two different providers. After a trial more than a year ago, I decided to try MOOCs and I have a few conclusions from them.
ATK is updated to 2.1.0 with a major refactoring of the Python wrappers and extensive testing of them. New filters were also added to support more complex pipelines (mute/solo and circular buffers for real-time spectrum displays) and Audio ToolKit provies now a CMake configuration file for easier integration in CMake projects.
Continue reading Announcement: Audio TK 2.1.0
Vinyl has become trendy again, and as such, I’ve been asked to add some new filters in Audio ToolKit. Here is a small dive in RIAA land.
Recently, I’ve struggled with releasing perfect plugins. There were some glitches in the last 2 plugins that could have been avoided easily with more testing.
So this is a call for people who are interested in my plugins. You can join the mailing list, share your ideas of the current plugins, and the future ones, about what can be made better, how it can be better…
I’m happy to announce the release of a modeling of the Vox AC30 preamplifier stage followed by a JCM800 tone stack based on the Audio Toolkit. They are available on Windows and OS X (min. 10.9) in different formats.
I’m happy to announce the release of a modeling of the Fender Bassman preamplifier stage based on the Audio Toolkit. They are available on Windows and OS X (min. 10.9) in different formats.
This review will actually be quite quick: I haven’t finished the book and I won’t finish it.
The book was published in August 2015 and is based on OpenGL < 3. The authors may sometimes say that you can use shaders to do better, but the fact is that if you want to execute the code they propose, you need to use the backward compatibility layer, if it's available. OpenGL was published almost a decade ago, I can't understand why in 2015 two guys decided that a new book on scientific visualization should use an API that was deprecated a long time ago. What a waste of time. [amazon_enhanced asin="1782169725" /][amazon_enhanced asin="B01FGMWRO8" /]
In a previous post, I explained how I modeled the triode inverter circuit. I’ve decided to put it inside two different plugins, so I’d like to present in 4 pictures their differences.
After the announce of JUCE 5 release, I played a little bit with it, and then decided to read the only book on JUCE. It’s outdated and tackles JUCE 2.1.2. But who knows, it may be a gem?
As some may have seen online, ROLI released a new version of JUCE. The nice thing is that they added a new tier for people like me who don’t sell plugins but who don’t want to release their code under the GPL license for diverse reasons (for me, it was formerly incompatibility between VST3 license and the GPL).
With JUCE 5, you have support for all major APIS, from VST2 to Audio Unit v3 and also AAX or VST3. And you can develop your own plugins. The caveat with this tier is that you have a splash screen and a tracking of your users… (actually, there is a flag to remove both). the advantage is that on MacOS, there is no more SDK conflicts, and I have Audio Unit 3 support
So I’ve started playing with Projucer and built a barebone ATK plugin that doesn’t do anything. What I can say is that the worst part is handling universal binaries, support 32bits plugins, as the JUCE project builder overwrites all my changes. Even adding ATK is painful with the project manager.
So instead, I’m going the WDL-OL here, and keeping this ATKJUCE plugin as the simple plugin I’ll duplicate by changing the names and its content. I have my builders that build the plugins and creates the installers, all that while keeping the same JUCE core code (it is shared by all plugins).
The next step is trying to make sense of the API to build a nicer GUI than what I currently have (probably something flat). Indeed, the tutorials on the GUI are small and too basic, but WDL-OL was no better in that aspect, but with more examples.