I’m happy to announce the release of two new audio plugins based on the Audio Toolkit. It is available on Windows and OS X (min. 10.8) in different formats.
A lot has happened in two weeks for Audio ToolKit. This release mainly adds tools for Compressor and Delays design. There will be additional plugins release soon.
It’s time for a new release of the toolkit. Much has been done in terms of basic filters, but also to simplify usage (static and shared libraries are compiled, no need to reset the pipeline before calling process…).
I’ve explained in earlier posts how to simulate a simple overdrive circuit. I’ve also explained how I implemented this in QtVST (and yes, I should have added labels on those images!), which was more or less the predecessor of Audio TK.
The main problem with simulating non linear circuits is that it costs a lot. Let’s see if I can improve the timings a little bit.
A long time ago, I started implementing audio filters with a Qt GUI. I also started other pet projects in the same area, but I didn’t have a proper audio support library in C++ for that. Also Qt plugins are no longer an option (for me), I still hope to implement new filters in the future.
I’m pleased to announce the 1.0 version of QtSimpleEQ, a plugin with one low-pass, two peak and one high pass second-order filters. Nothing fancy in the algorithms, it’s mainly another show case for Qt VST plugins.
The plugin can be download on the Sourceforge project page.
The plugin was tested with Tracktion 3 (Windows XP).
Today, I wanted to announce my new plugin, a 4-bands EQ, but when I started a test with pyVST, I encountered strange things:
- The first is my fault, as the code of the EQ disappeared from my Git repository, so I have to code it again. Mainly it is just plugin the correct actions between the filters and the GUI.
- The second is an error at the end of the test. I’ve updated my Qt version from 4.7.1 to 4.7.4, and since this update (or perhaps since I updated to Python 2.7 for pyVST), I found that even a recompiled QtSimpleOverdrive has the same behavior. It did not when I released it. It seems that Qt is complaining about events that are bounced between different threads, but the actual error message is more cryptic, and impossible to debug the application at this point.
I hope to fix these mistakes this month, I really hope I can get QtVST to work again.