A few month ago, mystran published on KVR a small SPICE simulator for real-time processing. I liked the idea, the drawback being that the code is generic and not tailored like a static version of the optimizer. So I wondered if it was doable. But for this, I have to start from the basics and build from there. So let’s go.
More than a year ago, I started playing with the Bela board. At the time, I had issues compiling Audio ToolKit with clang. The issue was that the gcc shipped with the Debian image the BeagleBoard used was too old and didn’t fully support C++11. The one that ships now is GCC 6, which is even C++14 compliant. Meaning that everything is available to build Audio Toolkit with Python support.
Vinyl has become trendy again, and as such, I’ve been asked to add some new filters in Audio ToolKit. Here is a small dive in RIAA land.
A few months ago, I started playing with the Bela board. At the time, I had issues compiling Audio ToolKit with clang. Since then and thanks to Travis-CI, I figured out what was going on. Unfortunately, the Beagle Board doesn’t have complete C++11 support, so I’ve added the remaining pieces, and you need also a new Boost.
I have now some time to play with this baby:
The CPU may not be blazingly fast, but I hope I can still do something with it. The goal of this series will be to try different algorithms and see how they behave on the platform.
There are so many different distortion/overdrive/fuzz guitar pedals, and some have a better reputation than other. Two of them have a reputation of being closed (one copied on the other), and I already explained how one of these could be modeled (and I have a plugin with it!). So let’s work on comparing the SD1 and the TS9.