Last week, I published a post on adaptive filtering. It was long overdue, but I actually had one other project on hold for even longer: allowing a user to specify a filter template and let Audio Toolkit figure out a FIR filter from this template.
Continue reading Audio Toolkit: Create a FIR Filter from a Template (EQ module)
I’m happy to announce the update of the chorus and the universal variable delay based on the Audio Toolkit. They are available on Windows and OS X (min. 10.11) in different formats.
This release fixes the noises that can arise in some configuration.
Continue reading Announcement: ATKChorus 1.1.0 and ATKUniversalVariableDelay 1.1.0
I’ve started working on adaptive filtering a long time ago, but could never figure out why my simple implementation of the RLS algorithm failed. Well, there was a typo in the reference book!
Now that this is fixed, let’s see what this guy does.
Continue reading Audio Toolkit: Recursive Least Square Filter (Adaptive module)
ATK is updated to 1.5.0 with new features oriented around preamplifiers and optimizations. It is also now compiled on Appveyor: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/mbrucher/audiotk.
Continue reading Announcement: Audio TK 1.5.0
Recently, I got access to the latest release of Parallel Studio with an update version of Advisor. 6 years after my last review, let’s dive into it again!
Continue reading Review of Intel Parallel Studio 2017: Advisor
I’ve started working on porting some Python libraries to Python3, but I required using an old Visual Studio (2012) for which there is no Python3 version. In the end, I tried following this tutorial. The issue with the tutorial is that you are downloading the externals by hand. It is actually simpler to call get_externals.bat from the PCBuild folder.
Be aware that the solution is a little bit flawed. pylauncher is built in win32 mode in Release instead of x64. This has an impact on deployment.
Once this is done, I had to deploy the build to a proper location so that it is self contained. I inspired myself heavily from another tutorial by the same author, only adding 64 bits support in this gist.
Once this was done, time to build Boost.Python! To start, just compile bjam the usual way, don’t add Python options on the command line, this will utterly fail in Boost.Build. Then add in user-config.jam the following lines (with the proper folders):
using python : 3.4 : D:/Tools/Python-3.4.5/_INSTALL/python.exe : D:/Tools/Python-3.4.5/_INSTALL/include : D:/Tools/Python-3.4.5/_INSTALL/libs ;
This should build the debug and release mode with this line:
.\b2 --with-python --layout=versioned toolset=msvc-11.0 link=shared stage address-model=64
.\b2 --with-python --layout=versioned toolset=msvc-11.0 link=shared stage address-model=64 python-debugging=on
When I started reviewing the diode clippers, the goal was to end up modeling a triode simple preamp. Thanks to Ivan Cohen from musical entropy, I’ve finally managed to drive the proper equation system to model this specific type of preamp.
Continue reading Analog modeling: Triode circuit
After my transient shaper, some people told me it would be nice to have a splitter: split the signal in two tracks, one with the transient, another with the sustain. For instance, it would be interesting to apply a different distortion on both signals.
Continue reading Audio Toolkit: Transient splitter
There are so many different distortion/overdrive/fuzz guitar pedals, and some have a better reputation than other. Two of them have a reputation of being closed (one copied on the other), and I already explained how one of these could be modeled (and I have a plugin with it!). So let’s work on comparing the SD1 and the TS9.
Continue reading Analog modeling: SD1 vs TS9