Today, I wanted to announce my new plugin, a 4-bands EQ, but when I started a test with pyVST, I encountered strange things:
- The first is my fault, as the code of the EQ disappeared from my Git repository, so I have to code it again. Mainly it is just plugin the correct actions between the filters and the GUI.
- The second is an error at the end of the test. I’ve updated my Qt version from 4.7.1 to 4.7.4, and since this update (or perhaps since I updated to Python 2.7 for pyVST), I found that even a recompiled QtSimpleOverdrive has the same behavior. It did not when I released it. It seems that Qt is complaining about events that are bounced between different threads, but the actual error message is more cryptic, and impossible to debug the application at this point.
I hope to fix these mistakes this month, I really hope I can get QtVST to work again.